Saturday, March 19, 2011

March 19, 2011

NY Times: Girl is the 5th child killed in Acapulco in a week

The police found a four year old girl in Acapulco on Thursday dead after being shot in the chest. She is the fifth child to be killed in drug-related violence in this city in less than a week. The child was in a with a women who has also killed.

Lord,

My heart is so heavy with this atrocities. There is so much pain and suffering in Acapulco and I know even in all that suffering you are present. You are working there, and I just pray you are seen by all in this sad situation. Lord, I know there is tragedy all around the world, and this place needs you as much as Libya and Iraq. God I know you are powerful and almighty, you can do all things. So let those who were related to these children be comforted by your love. They don't know if they will live the next day. They are in permanent fear and shock. God put a blanket of protection over them. Protect the children and their parents. Lord, I also pray for those causing this havoc.Let them see that they are no match for you. You can destroy them easily, but it is all in your will so I simply pray that they find you and your truth Lord. Let them see your glorious love. You are who you are and I thank you for that.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment